Monday 3 August 2015

Tackling the Book Mountain

Over on The Blog With No Name Ian is doing an interesting thing.   He's taken three books that have been languishing on his To-Read pile and is asking his readers to vote on which he should read next.

This tickles my fancy, and I sincerely hope it becomes A Thing among bloggers.  I shall certainly do it on my personal blog as soon as a slot arises in my reading*.  I think most of us can relate to Ian's situation.  My wife recently reduced my To-Read pile by two-thirds by the simple expedient of having me remove the table by my bed and replacing it with a small bookcase!

Not this one!

* For the record I'm currently reading a book on Room 40 (the naval code-breakers in World War I), one on Bletchley Park, and Pratchett and Baxter's The Long Earth.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be starting to read the two Wargames Foundry Publishing C19th Africa books by Chris Peers, as I've just got back into play by mail gaming and have chosen to play as the kingdom of Rozwi (Zimbabwe 1700 in the game).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. The chances of me asking bloggers which book I should read next are about the same as me actually being able to count the number of angels on the head of a pin.

    Anyway, it'd take me too long to type the list.

    ReplyDelete